Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.
***All proceeds from the sale of this track will go to support Baltimore Ceasefire 365***
Purchasable with gift card
$1USD or more
Love into Concrete is dedicated to Erricka Bridgeford (pictured left) and Baltimore Ceasefire.
"Whenever someone is killed by violence in Baltimore City, an organization called Baltimore Ceasefire invites people to gather at the site of the murder for a Sacred Space Ritual. Led by co-organizer Erricka Bridgeford, these are not vigils, but “a way to put love & light into the place where our Sister was taken by violence…to make it sacred ground.”
Love into Concrete is my musical response to the experience of a Sacred Space Ritual. The title was inspired by Bridgeford, who describes the communal act as "pouring love into the murder
spot" or "pour[ing] light into the concrete."
If you live in Baltimore, you can:
1. Host or attend a life-affirming event during a Ceasefire Weekend.
2. Commit to community outreach between Ceasefire Weekends.
3. Take the Baltimore Peace Challenge.
4. Attend Sacred Space Rituals.
But you don't have to live in Baltimore to support Baltimore Ceasefire! Anyone can:
2. Buy apparel.
3. Follow (and repost) Baltimore Ceasefire on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram."